ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
ReadingFilmFEST was created by filmmakers for filmmakers and film lovers. We understand the importance of festivals in creating opportunities for filmmakers to meet their audiences, network with other professionals and promote their films. By supporting filmmakers, we’ve learned that our audience benefits by being able to engage in truly meaningful dialogue with the creators of film.
Filmmakers! ReadingFilmFEST welcomes filmmakers from the Mid-Atlantic region and around the world! Whether or not you are submitting a film to our festival, we encourage you to hang out in Reading!
Businesses! Get your business involved with a multi-cultural film festival that is guaranteed to be a red carpet event!
Film Lovers! This is what its all about! Watching films and meeting the people who create them…it doesn’t get any better than this in Reading!
- February 1, 2020 – Submissions Open
- April 1, 2020 – Earlybird Deadline (EXTENDED!)
- June 15, 2020 – Regular Submission Deadline
- July 15, 2020 – Late Submission Deadline
- August 15, 2020 – Filmmaker Notification
- October 8-11, 2020 – ReadingFilmFEST!
- Hospitality package for all accepted films
- Panels – Engaging film audience to discuss your film with you!
- Location Tour for all Filmmakers – Sunday November 8th at 11 AM.
- Exciting parties and networking opportunities
- Star treatment for all filmmakers in attendance (even those not screening films)
ReadingFilmFEST offers educational opportunities for filmmakers, actors and anyone interested in how film works.
Check back here for details about 2020!
- People’s Choice Award
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Short Film – Any genre
- Best Female Filmmaker
- Social Impact Award – Any genre
- Best Music in a film – Any genre
- Best Shot in Reading
- Best Actor/Actress in a Film
- Best Student Films – (Narrative Short, Documentary Short, Music Video)