ReadingFilm Office is hosting a Social Media Challenge, taking place September 15 through October 15, leading up to 2023 ReadingFilmFEST. The challenge will focus on the Opioid Crisis and Violence – two tragic aspects of our society that most of us have witnessed in some form. We are calling on you to use your authentic voice in a one-minute-long video. Whether a heartfelt testimonial or a scripted mini film, the key is to be creative and deliver meaningful and impactful messages.
Challenge Guidelines :
- All videos MUST be based on the proposed themes and answer one of the two challenge questions.
- If you had the opportunity to convince someone to avoid opioids or violence, what would you do or say to them?
- If you’ve lost someone to opioids or violence and you could’ve said or done something to reach them, what would it have been?
- All videos must be up to and no more than one minute long.
- Participants can choose video style: first person testimonials, scripted mini film, footage with voiceover, etc. Be creative!
- All videos must be posted to TikTok using #RFFMinuteMoment to be recognized and included in the challenge. Also, follow ReadingFilmFEST on TikTok to increase engagement.
- Videos can also be shared on Instagram. Please navigate viewers back to TikTok to participate and follow us on Instagram to increase engagement.
- Posted content must follow all social media site community guidelines.
- Do not use stigmatizing words: addict, alcoholic, drug abuser, junkie. Instead use person-first language/phrasing: he/she was addicted, people with addiction, he/she used drugs…
- Please avoid triggering imagery of drug use/paraphernalia, firearms and violent acts.
- Remember that these videos are meant to inspire and motivate viewers to make better choices towards opioid and violence prevention.
- Please denote if you live in Berks County and are a student in your bio to qualify for Berks County awards.
Awards and Prizes:
At the International StudentFEST on October 26, Madison Reyes will announce the winners of the challenge and perform a half-time concert.
Leading the charge will be our Challenge Team, spearheaded by Madison Reyes, talented star of Netflix’s Julie and the Phantoms and social media influencer with over a million followers. Also, included in our Challenge team is this year’s International StudentFEST filmmakers, local Berks County Colleges and High School students. They will use their influence to reach their peers, families and community. Over the weeks that follow they will post reminders to bring awareness to the challenge and motivate others to join this movement.
We at the ReadingFilm Office are excited to share your creativity with the world at our festival. We invite you to join us as we use the power of social media to bring change to not only our local communities, but communities everywhere.