ReadingFilm’s core mission is to develop the production community in the region. This is our second year of including special competition for student filmmakers in the ReadingFilmFEST.
Student filmmakers comprise a special group of independent filmmakers. They have not yet made the connections required of professional filmmakers, but they have fresh ideas and new visions to share. We wanted to celebrate their youthful exuberance by giving them their own section in our festival. Our goal was to attract local college and high school students, encourage them to submit and attend the festival. We wound up attracting students mostly from our area, but also from across the country and as far away as China!
It is our hope that ReadingFilmFEST inspires students to learn the craft of filmmaking. The world needs films and today’s student filmmakers are tomorrow’s Academy Award winning directors, producers, and videographers.
All films selected for the StudentFEST will play at a special Preview night on Thursday evening November 9th at the Reading Movies 11 & IMAX. The winners will also be screened during the festival on Saturday, November 11 5:30 PM at the GoggleWorks theater.
Congratulations to all of our student filmmakers. You are all winners!
- The Archivist – Greg Buracker
- Character Study – Luke Brubaker
- Choices – Rick Hamilton
- Conversation – Emma Jackson
- Grief – Monica Lickona
- Images – Nicolas Suriano
- Imaginarium – Heath Grant
- Mirror – Sara Eustaquio
- Mr. and Mrs. Kim – Jaehuen Chung
- Nightmare – Jimmy Naples
- Return Safely – Eric Burleson
- Salt & Sauce – Alia Ghafar
- We Are the Dead – Becky Barker
- Once and Done – Jacob Pettit
- Pleasure Boys – Elliott Watson
- Here and Now – Spencer Trabbold
- Palehhound: If you Met Her – Rachel St. Pierre
- Youth – Daughter – Daniel Chan
Date: November 9, 2017 at 6pm
Venue: Reading Movies & IMAX
Address: 30 N 2nd St, Reading
BEST of StudentFEST Screening Info
Date: November 11, 2017 at 5:30pm
Venue: GoggleWorks Theater
Address: 201 Washington St, Reading