Welcomes filmmakers from the Mid-Atlantic region and around the world! Last year’s visiting filmmakers gave us rave reviews for film quality, hospitality and locations! Whether or not you have a film to our festival, we encourage you to hang out in Reading and see what all the fuss is about!
We’re a small city. We get struggle. We appreciate the big efforts made by small filmmakers.
- Hospitality package for all accepted films
- Panels – if you’re hear, expect an opportunity to speak to your audience following the film. See schedule!
- Location Tour for all Filmmakers – Meet at Crowne Plaza Sunday November 4th at 11 AM.
- Exciting parties and networking opportunities
- Star treatment for all filmmakers in attendance (even those not screening films)
ReadingFilmFEST offers educational opportunities for filmmakers, actors and anyone interested in how film works.
This year’s panels will be held on Saturday beginning at 10 AM at the GoggleWorks Boscov Theater:
- Actor’s Workshop – featuring veteran actress Lisa Eichhorn and casting agent and talent coach Ann Gillette. Workshop will focus on acting for film. Directors welcome!
- Film Distribution and Monetizing Your Film – making the most of your festival run and figuring out what’s next!
Thanks to our sponsors and reception venues, we will have a full slate of parties for our filmmakers and film lovers!
Meet us at the WCR Center for the Arts on Sunday, November 4th at 5 PM to find out the winners of the festival! Followed by a reception and Meet & Greet with Justin Kauflin! We’ll celebrate the closing of the festival with a very special performance by Justin Kauflin!
- Best of Show* – Audience Choice Award
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Short Film – Any genre
- Social Impact Award – Any genre
- Best Music – Any genre
- Best Shot in Reading
- Best Actor/Actress in a Film
- Best Student Films – College & High School (Narrative Short, Documentary Short, Music Video)